October 12, 2023
WEBINAR: Monday 23 October 2023
Play, participation & poverty:
- How our policies can create fairer, healthier futures for children & young people
With Anti-Poverty Week and Children’s Week both falling in October, NAPCAN took a look at the important overlap between the themes of the two weeks: child poverty and play.
This fresh conversation built on what we already know… that:
- activities like outdoor play, organised sport, dance and drama outside of school are good for the future health of all children
- the benefits are greatest for young people who commonly have the least access to these activities (i.e. from lower-income families)
- our policies have the power to remove many of the barriers that lock people out of opportunities to play and participate
- fantastic local examples are providing insight into simple smart investments that are creating fairer, more protective communities for children.
We heard from passionate researchers and advocates on the topic:
For more information about Anti-Poverty Week.
For more information about Children’s Week.