NAPCAN is committed to embedding child safe organisational practice consistent with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations, Child Safe Standards and the Commonwealth Child Safe Framework. A child safe organisation is one that creates a culture, adopts strategies and takes action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Aligning with this, NAPCAN commits to consciously and systematically:
- Creating an environment where children’s safety and wellbeing is at the centre of thought, values and actions;
- Placing an emphasis on genuine engagement with, and valuing of children and young people;
- Creating conditions that reduce the likelihood of harm to children and young people;
- Creating conditions that increases the likelihood of identifying any harm; and
- Responding to any concerns, disclosures, allegations or suspicions of harm.
Download a copy of NAPCAN’s Commitment Statement
to Children & Young People