NAPCAN is happy to announce the 2015 Play Your Part Award recipients:
National Play Your Part Awards
- Amrit Versha – Being an inspiring advocate for children’s safety and wellbeing in the migrant and refugee community
- National Children’s and Youth Law Centre, King & Wood Mallesons, University of NSW, Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department , Australian Securities & Investments Commission and Telstra – National collaboration on Lawmail, Lawstuff and Online Safety (Matthew Keeley Director of the National Children’s and Youth Law Centre is pictured above with His Excellency Sir Peter Cosgrove, Governor-General of Australia)
- Kids Helpline and Optus – Kids Helpline @ School
Play Your Part Awards New South Wales
- The Immigrant Women’s Health Service – The Multicultural Parenting Project
- South Coast Child Wellbeing Network – Ongoing commitment to promote the wellbeing and safety of children in the Illawarra region
Play Your Part Awards Victoria
- Family Life – Community Bubs
- South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault (SECASA) – Respect me. Don’t sext me.
Play Your Part Awards Queensland
- Mackay Child Friendly Community Action Group – Inspiring advocacy in promoting the safety and wellbeing of children
- True Relationships and Reproductive Health (formerly Family Planning QLD) – Wellness and Well Being Project
Play Your Part Awards South Australia
- Boystown SA – Penrose Young Parents Program
- Relationships Australia South Australia – Infant Massage Program
Play Your Part Awards Western Australia
- Anglicare WA – Child Safe Organisation Strategy
Play Your Part Awards Australian Capital Territory
- Canberra Fathers and Childrens Service (CanFaCS) – Dad’s Place
- YWCA Canberra – Relationship Things
Play Your Part Awards Tasmania
- Mission Australia, Good Beginnings, Hobart City Mission, Pittwater Community Centre and Jordan River Services – South East Gateway Integrated Family Support Services
Play Your Part Awards Northern Territory
- Malabam Health Board Aboriginal Corporation – “GREATS” Youth Services
- Willowra Early Childhood Reference Group and the children of the Willowra community in partnership with World Vision Australia – Hearing Children’s Voices: Willowra Community
His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd), Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia, presented two of NAPCAN’s National Play Your Part Awards at Admiralty House on Friday to Amrit Versha and the National Children’s and Youth Law Centre and collaborators on Lawmail, Lawstuff and Online Safety.
Kids Helpline and Optus received their National Play Your Part Award today from the Minister for Social Services, Hon. Scott Morrison at a special presentation to demonstrate the Kids Helpline @ School initiative to year six students at the Mother Teresa Catholic Primary School in Canberra.
The NAPCAN Play Your Part State Award recipients will be presented in award ceremonies across Australia this week. Read more about the NAPCAN Play Your Part Award recipients.
The Awards mark the 25th Anniversary of National Child Protection Week to promote the safety and wellbeing of Australian children and families.
Congratulations to the all the Play Your Part Award recipients.