NAPCAN is excited to announce the 2022 release of the new Love Bites manual. The manual looks different and has many small improvements and changes, with general updates across most of the program activities and resources.
For an overview of the changes download the Love Bites New Release PDF.
Do I need to use the new release?
Yes, the intention is that all facilitators will migrate over to the new manual as soon as you have the opportunity to be trained (see below).
The changes in the new manual incorporate ongoing feedback from young people and facilitators, as well as new information and resources.
Creating a new manual has certainly been a big investment in time and resources for NAPCAN, but we are confident that the effort will be worth it and Love Bites will be even better (and simpler to deliver) than before!
How can I get trained in the new materials and access the new resources?
You will need to attend NAPCAN training in order to access the new manual.
To make the process as easy as possible (and enable us to train 1000s of facilitators!), NAPCAN has developed a 2-hour online training package to update facilitators about the new manual. This session is appropriate if you have been trained in Love Bites in recent years and are confident in your knowledge of the content. Note that these sessions will be very ‘to the point’ in outlining the changes to the manual; unfortunately, they won’t really allow time for much discussion or questions.
So if you were trained prior to March 2020, or feel that you need a more comprehensive refresher – with time for discussion and questions – please sign up for the 1-day Refresher, or feel free to redo the full 2-day Love Bites facilitator training. The Refresher will also be useful for those of you who haven’t had the opportunity to deliver Love Bites due to Covid.
Still not sure which training you need? The list below should help direct you to the appropriate NAPCAN training.
1. I completed my Love Bites Senior (year 10-12) training between March 2021 – March 2022
2. I completed my Love Bites Senior (year 10-12) training March 2020 – Feb 2021
3. I completed my Love Bites Senior (year 10-12) Training between April 2018 and Feb 2020 but have delivered the program to youth within the last 2 years
4. I completed my Love Bites Senior (year 10-12) Training prior to April 2018
5. I’m not sure how long it has been since my Love Bites training and I need NAPCAN to check this for me
* To access your $50 discount, register for the $150 session and select invoice as the payment method (rather than paying by credit card). Then email us your order number and we will apply the discount code at the back end.
If you are interested in a workshop that is not currently available in your area, please feel free to register your interest and we will get back to you. In particular, please note that more 1-day Refresher workshops will be added soon.