Mark your calendar now! National Child Protection Week is Sunday 2nd September (Father’s Day) to Saturday 8th September – and now is a great time to start planning how you can support our theme of Stronger Communities, Safer Children.
2018 Play Your Part Awards
Do you know people who are doing inspiring work to build stronger communities and support children and families? This type of work is really important in the primary prevention of child abuse and neglect, and we’d love to hear about it! Past winners have included a wide range of programs for families including home visits, mentoring, parenting support, social groups and community hubs – anything that helps to strengthen families and keep children safe.
- State and National Awards provide high profile recognition of your work (including via events with dignitaries and media coverage)
- NEW! Thanks to our sponsors ‘Northhaven Private Wealth and the Lynes Family’ we now have $10,000 available to invest in a project or projects with high potential.
- Nominations close 18 April.
Click here to download our PYP Awards Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
2018 NCPW Art Competition
We’re asking children and young people to illustrate what they think is important in a strong, safe community. The winning artworks will be used as part of our campaign for National Child Protection Week including on posters and social media.
- Winners will receive $200 and $50 gift vouchers as well as recognition for their work!!
How to enter:
- Artwork can be drawn or painted on A3 paper (can be landscape or portrait)
- Artwork should use pictures rather than words (a few words are ok, but we’re mostly after pictures)
- Email a photo of the artwork to Madelene.McGrath@napcan.org.au with the subject ‘NCPW 2018 Artwork’ (make sure you keep the original because we will need it if you win a prize)