Browse Events by State/Territory:
For a full list of NAPCAN workshops and training, please click here
To register an event please click here.
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Creating a ‘one-stop shop’ for the needs of families: Co-design, evaluation & sustaining change
Fri September 9 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Creating a ‘one-stop shop’ for the needs of families: Co-design, evaluation & sustaining change
Children thrive when families get the support they need, when they need it.
But when families – especially those with complex needs – have to travel all over town in search of the right services, they are unlikely to get the support they need.
With around 100 child/family hubs across Australia, many of us will be familiar with the model of co-locating health (medical & allied health) and social services (eg housing, domestic and family violence, addiction, financial and parenting advice). However, until now there has been limited research and evaluation about how best to design and create hubs to meet the needs of families.
In this webinar, experts from the National Child and Family Hub Network, will share learnings from their co-design process, evaluation, and evidence, including:
- What families are telling us they need
- What are the core elements of the ideal hub
- How ‘social prescribing’ needs to sit alongside medical prescribing
- How existing hubs and health centres can start to shift towards a more integrated model
We’ll be hearing from those leading this work at Murdoch Children’s Research Institute:
- Professor Harriet Hiscock, Associate Director of Research at the Centre for Community Child Health
- Dr Suzy Honisett, Postdoctoral Research Officer
- Dr Tess Hall, Postdoctoral Fellow