Child Safe Organisations – Playing Your Part in Creating Child Safe Organisations
In light of the Royal Commission we know that it is critical to embed a child safe culture into every single organisation that has anything to do with children or young people, either directly or indirectly. This means that every member of an organisation needs to understand their role in keeping children safe and preventing child abuse and neglect.
This 3.5-hour interactive workshop covers:
- Background of child safe organisation development
- Establishing and maintaining a child safe culture
- Child inclusive practice
- How to create child safe and friendly environments
- Key elements of a child safe organisation
- Introducing the ‘more than safe’ sector commitment statement.
The program also includes templates to help organisations to develop child safe policies and procedures relating to:
- Complaints Processes
- Code of Conduct
- Child Safety Policies
- Organisational Audit
Who should attend?
- This is a brand new workshop designed to help all organisations to keep children and young people safe.
- You should attend this workshop if you work in an organisation that deals directly or indirectly with children.
- All members of the organisation need to attend because we all have a responsibility to help create a culture of child safety in your organisation.
- You are encouraged to attend this workshop even if you are already attending a another NAPCAN workshop about mandatory reporting.
**A maximum of 5 people per organisation can register per workshop**
Note re venues: We are still confirming venues for some of our workshops. Once registration is complete you will be notified when this is available.