NAPCAN will not be running the Play Your Part Awards in 2019 but will instead use the year to reconnect with some of the past Award recipients and highlight their amazing work. Keep a look out this National Child Protection Week for Play Your Part Award recipient success stories and where they are now!
NAPCAN initiated the Play Your Part Awards for Inspiring Prevention Initiatives in 2012 as part of National Child Protection Week. The Awards recognise individuals and initiatives who are doing inspiring work to build stronger communities, and support children and families.
Each year (2012-2018) at least one individual or organisation in every state and territory (and nationally) has been recognised, with a total of 105 Awards being presented*. Past winners have included a wide range of programs for families including home visits, mentoring, parenting support, social groups, and community hubs – anything that helps to strengthen families and keep children safe.
Benefits for recipients have included:
- A unique opportunity to present inspiring prevention work to key decision makers across the country;
- The presentation of the Award at National Child Protection Week events by high profile dignitaries and decision makers;
- Being officially recognised as an inspiring prevention initiative;
- Media opportunities for the successful organisation and/or community;
- The ability to share the initiative nationally to inspire other communities to increase their prevention efforts;
- An award ‘badge’ to be displayed the recipient’s website.