In addition to the promotional suggestions on our Get Involved page, you may like to:
- Organise an event e.g. online or in-person morning tea, information evening (don’t forget to register your event on our website). When you bring families together you help to build the social connections that support parents.
- Use the Children’s Art Activity as a guide for creating artwork about your neighbourhood. And make sure you send it in to us so we can display on our website.
- Download the Children’s Activity Booklet for a range of activities to engage children and families in conversations about child wellbeing and safety.
- Use our Children’s Voices resources to find out what children value in their community and what they would like to change. Display these in a prominent place, or consider sharing the outcomes with your local Councillor so they can see what children want. Maybe they could display the pictures in their office to highlight the importance of children having a say.
- Use the week as an opportunity to talk to staff about child wellbeing including how to be a child safe organisation. Go to https://childsafe.humanrights.gov.au/ for more information.
- Put an article in your school newsletter. See here for pre-written suggestions.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING NATIONAL CHILD PROTECTION WEEK!