Browse Events by State/Territory:
For a full list of NAPCAN workshops and training, please click here
- This event has passed.
Bowen workshop – Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention / Mandatory Reporting
Mon May 13 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pmFREE
This interactive workshop covers essential knowledge for anyone working with children and young people, particularly those covered by mandatory reporting requirements.
- Roles and responsibilities in the prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Legislative roles and responsibilities in relation to reporting child abuse and neglect (i.e. mandatory reporting)
- Organisational/individual responsibility in responding to early indicators of harm and family support needs
- Definitions of child abuse and neglect including recognising harm indicators and child/family risk and protective factors
- How to respond to disclosures of child abuse and neglect
- Prevention strategies and practices.
Who should attend?
- This workshop covers essential knowledge for anyone who has anything to do with children and young people either indirectly or directly.
- Important for all employees and volunteers.