Browse Events by State/Territory:
For a full list of NAPCAN workshops and training, please click here
To register an event please click here.
- This event has passed.
Fourth Annual South West Child Protection Symposium
Fri August 30, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$50 – $110
The Fourth Annual Symposium is hosted as a collaboration between USQ, Department of Education (Darling Downs, South West Region), the Catholic Diocese of Toowoomba, Catholic Schools, Act for Kids, and the Department of Child Safety, Women and Youth.
This year we are holding the Symposium and Dinner on the Friday before CPW to launch all the great events that are occurring during the week and to acknowledge the many wonderful volunteers and professionals working in the sector to support families and keep kids safe.
The Symposium, hosts several great key note speakers in Former Commissioner of the Queensland Police Service Bob Atkinson who was the Royal Commissioner for the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. he will be “Presenting learnings from the Royal Commission”. We also have Clinical Psychologists Khara Saunders and Victoria Barclay Timmis who will be presenting “Get Psych-ed about the Science of Safety and the Rhythm of Regulation”
This is supported by 8 breakout sessions with a wide variety of topics, including:
- Practical ways to apply learnings from they keynote presentations
- Learnings from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- The significance of language to sense of place and identity for children and young people in out of home care.
- Protective Behaviours
- Child Protection and Investigation Unit, Toowoomba, Qld Police Service
- The intersection between child protection and law
- Integrating a Family Intervention Service in the education setting