Browse Events by State/Territory:
For a full list of NAPCAN workshops and training, please click here
To register an event please click here.
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Let’s hear from young people: What’s missing from education on relationships, consent and sex?
Thu September 7 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Let’s hear from young people: What’s missing from education on relationships, consent and sex?
Young voices are an essential – but often missing – ingredient in preventing abuse.
While the Australian Child Maltreatment Study shows that Australia’s prevention efforts have made progress in reducing some types of child sexual abuse, peer-to-peer abuse has increased, as has childhood exposure to domestic violence.
In this webinar, we hand over the microphone to young people themselves to hear what they have to say around questions such as:
- what’s still missing from sex, consent and respectful relationship education
- what’s working and what’s not?
- what do young people need adults to know?
- how can we all work together to support young people and keep them safe from harm?
Join us to hear from these inspirational young people:
- Chanel Contos, Founder, Teach Us Consent
- Libby Payne, Love Bites facilitator and youth advocate
- Oliver White, Chairperson of NAPCAN Youth Speak Out (NYSO)
- Ruben Sherriff, Member of NAPCAN Youth Speak Out (NYSO)