Browse Events by State/Territory:
For a full list of NAPCAN workshops and training, please click here
To register an event please click here.
Webinar for parents: getting the most out of gaming
Thu October 19 @ 12:30 pm - 1:15 pm
One event on Thu October 19, 2023 at 12:30 pm
Getting the most out of gaming
This 45-minute webinar provides families with strategies for supporting children and young people to have safe, positive experiences when playing games online. It is designed for parents and carers of children aged 7 to 14.
It will cover:
- when gaming can be beneficial and strategies to promote better in-game experiences
- how to keep children safe online – using safety and privacy settings in games and platforms
- strategies to promote more balanced gaming and how to create smoother transitions from game-play to other activities
- the key online risks and where to find help for things like bullying and harassment in games.
Term 3 dates (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
- 12 September: 7:30 pm to 8:15 pm
- 19 October: 12:30 pm to 1:15 pm (AEDT)