Browse Events by State/Territory:
For a full list of NAPCAN workshops and training, please click here
To register an event please click here.
- This event has passed.
eSafety Professional learning program for teachers (FREE)
Thu July 15, 2021 @ 3:00 pmFree
Online harmful sexual behaviours, misinformation and emerging technologies
About the module
This module, developed in 2021, provides evidence-based, targeted advice about online harmful sexual behaviours, misinformation and emerging technologies.
The module includes 90 minutes of professional learning through live webinar participation, the completion of 30 minutes of readings, and an assessment.
Participants who complete the course will receive a certificate for 2 hours of professional learning. ACT teachers will receive TQI accreditation.
This professional learning is aimed at primary and secondary teachers, counsellors, psychologists and teaching support staff.
Teacher professional standards
This program addresses the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
- 4.4 – Maintain student safety
- 4.5 – Use ICT safely, responsibly and ethically
By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- identify online harmful sexual behaviours, and develop skills to support students’ knowledge of consent, online respect and refusal skills
- identify the impact of online misinformation and support students to develop skills to critically evaluate information and trusted sources
- explore the social and safety implications of emerging technologies and understand the key safety skills young people will require.
Webinars are available from numerous dates throughout the year, until 1 December