All Children Being Safe : Giving Children A Voice To Stay Safe
ALL CHILDREN BEING SAFE (ACBS) is a preschool and early primary school protective behaviours program developed to provide children (aged 4-8 years) with non-threatening ways to help them feel strong and stay safe in their communities. The program explores safety messages with children using bush animal stories (dingo, kangaroo, echidna, kookaburra, koala and king parrot). Stories are told about the animals and are supported with learning activities, art/craft, drama and music.
The stories and activities help children identify safe/unsafe feelings, people and places. ACBS encourages children to talk with trusted people who will support them. ACBS is a multi-lessoned program run in the preschool and primary school environment.
- Trusting Relationships - Increasing the children's sense of belonging, being and becoming by strengthening acceptance, respect and empathy to form trusting relationships with those who care for them.
- Building Resilience - Gradually develop coping strategies, whilst communicating needs for comfort, support and assistance in unfamiliar and unsafe situations/places.
- Children's Rights - Value and respect children's rights to be a child and to experience happiness in a safe environment in their local community.
- Developing Partnerships - Building community capacity in keeping children safe by implementing the ACBS preschool and early primary school protective behaviours program between preschools, primary schools, families and community services.
- Ongoing Support - Strengthening understanding and awareness for facilitators education to deliver program strategies to address child abuse and neglect, whilst supporting families.
- Professional Development - Implementing training packages for early childhood staff to use with the children in their care, focusing on domestic violence, the effects of trauma in the lives of children and separation from families.
- Effective Support Strategies - Delivering strategies on working with complex families, along with children who live in domestic and family violence, enabling children to keep themselves safe by knowing what to do and who to talk to if they are feeling unsafe.
To learn more about All Children Being Safe please contact Angela Walsh on 02 6584 4326 or on email@example.com.
To view the teacher programme for All Children Being Safe please click here.